Python Online Tutorial
Python is a high-level, object-oriented programming
language created by Guido van Rossum while working at National
Research Institute at Netherlands and first released in 1991.
Python was picked the name Python for the new
language from the TV show Monty Python's Flying Circus which was
broadcasted in BBC from 1969 to 1974.
Python is recommended as first programming
language for beginners.
Python is a programming language that combines
the features of C and Java. It offers elegant style of developing
programs like C. When the programmers want to go for object
orientation, Python offers classes and objects like Java.
Where we can use Python ?
The most common important application areas are
- For developing Desktop Applications
- For developing web Applications
- For developing database Applications
- For Network Programming
- For developing games
- For Data Analysis Applications
- For Machine Learning
- For developing Artificial Intelligence Applications
- For IoT
The biggest strength of Python is large library which can
be used for the following
- Machine Learning
- GUI Applications
- Web frameworks like Django (used by YouTube)
- Image processing
- Test frameworks
- Web scraping
- Scientific computing
- Text processing and many more..
Features of Python Programming
- Easy to Learn
- Open Source
- High Level Language
- Dynamically Typed
- Platform Independent
- Procedure and Object Oriented
- Extensible (Ex:- Jython for java integration, Iron
Python for .Net)
- Huge Library
- Database Connectivity